it never ends, the list of distractions. there’s always something new, exciting, and so easy to lose myself in. unfortunately, this week’s distractions didn’t have much to do with sewing. but fortunately, they’ve all been fun.
last weekend, our little family went for its first camping trip! we met up at a local-ish spot with a couple of friends who had been out camping a night earlier than us. the days were beautiful, but the nights were cold! it’s a good thing we brought so many blankets, but even so, the LO and i spent most of the night sleeping in the car. i did manage to do a quick sewing project before we left. details are below.
the other major distraction has been the release of the Hunger Games movie trailers. i had read the first book a month or so ago; devoured is probably a better word. it was intense and i couldn’t put it down. but the intensity also made me wait a bit before reading the 2nd and 3rd books. when the movie trailers were released, i decided it was time; so i picked up book 2 from the library and read that within 24 hrs. now i’m working on book 3 and it doesn’t look like i’ll slow down until it’s finished.
so, i’m sorry i’ll be boring this week, but there’s always WIPs to be found over at Lee’s Freshly Pieced link-up! click on the WIP button above to see all the lovely projects!
this is a section for projects that i plan to start soon-ish. i’m hoping it’ll be a way to keep my “mixing” section as a “new project” section instead of “everything that sounds awesome that i’m hoping to start this week” section. really, if you want to see the “everything that sounds awesome that i’m hoping to start this week” list, you should just go check out my pins.
– advent calendar – i’ve seen a few different ideas for these, but this one from So You Think You’re Crafty is actually the first one that made me think i SHOULD make one; last week, Shanna suggested i check out this quilted one from Sew Mama Sew and i think i may have found my winner…. IF i can finish it quick enough!
– marble crinkle maze – as seen on pinterest (except i plan to add the crinkle feature), i think this would be a great game for our next plane ride with the LO
– handprint ornaments – also inspired by a pinterest find, or maybe this pin instead, i’d like to have these ready to give for the upcoming white winter holiday
– athletic shirt repurpose – mentioned above, details in the ‘done’ section
– sampler quilts – no progress, but i hope to be updating you with my color scheme plans soon! previous posts about this project have more details here and here; but here’s the start of my first block:
– cathedral window pillows – no progress since last week, but the finish line is at least within sight! 2 are totally complete, and the last 2 pillow cover fronts have all the hand-stitched cathedral window borders completed! now i just need to add the envelope closure backs and stuff the covers with the pillows!
– doll quilt – no progress; the binding is machine attached on the front with 2 sides hand stitched on the back
ready to serve:
– athletic shirt repurpose – the book i’ve been reading to prepare for camping with a 7 month old suggested having a base layer of material other than cotton; rather than buy something, i repurposed a work-out shirt that doesn’t fit anymore and turned it into a long sleeved onesie for the LO! i’ve seen enough onesie tutorials to feel comfortable attempting it, and i think it turned out pretty good; it’s the blue one on the right, laying next to the onesie i used as a template pattern. details to come in it’s own post.
– BSUQ – a quilt requested by my Hubby, how could i say no? still no progress, though, as i’ve been working on the cathedral window pillows (that i’d like to finish for the holidays); since the college football season goes past the new year, i’ve still got time if i want to get it done this season!
– Comforter Q – i keep thinking about this one because i’m so excited to finish off the last couple of blocks and get them all squared up; after that it’s time to play with the layout!!
– memory game – about half the pieces are pretty much done except for tucking loose threads away; i’ve finished about 3 pairs of these and the LO seems to like grabbing at them and trying to eat them
– Hubby’s tailored shirt – no progress, still need to hem the bottom
new – 1
complete – 1
total in work – 7
what are you working on?