i’m not going crazy, really i’m not. i know it’s not a wednesday. but i just need to get my brain sorted out before i lose another day’s worth of productive time on pinterest, facebook, and aimless internet wandering.
so here’s an “update” on my WIPs, copied from an old WIP post with some changes according to my (minimal) progress since then.
it’s not much, but if you’re hankering for more WIP action, head over to Lee’s Freshly Pieced link-up! click on the WIP button above to see all the lovely projects!
prepping (in development):
– flower girl dress for my daughter – not needed until October next year, but definitely already thinking about what i want to do with it (inspiration from this pin and this sweetheart dress tutorial)
– dress for me to wear to our friends’ wedding – not needed until October next year, but wondering if i will really have the time to pull off a hand-made outfit option (inspiration from this pin)
– more wardrobe additions for me and the LO — hoping to refashion some out-grown clothes of mine into awesomeness for either me or the Little One (or both!)
THIS (just above) is what i need more distinct direction on; right now i’m overwhelmed by the possibilities and don’t know where to start!
– activity quiet/soft book for the LO
mixing (new projects):
– quilt for Kaylee – friends are expecting their first bundle of joy (already named Kaylee) and i’m making her a small quilt; some minor quilting left to do before binding and sending it off
– nothin’ (since i haven’t really sat down and sewn in months)
ready to serve (complete):
– nap mats for the LO – she’s required to have a nap mat WITH pillow for daycare now that she’s moved from the infant room into the toddler room; i used a king-sized pillow sham on clearance from target as a great starting point; they (made 2) came together REALLY fast!
back burner (ongoing but low priority / no progress):
– sampler quilts – Minnesota Block is DONE! and the ticker tape block layout is figured out; more details here
– BSUQ – a quilt requested by my Hubby, meant to look like Boise State’s blue football field but with orange end zones and a big bronco logo in the center of it all; i’ve finished the stitching of the bronco; next i’ll be cutting orange pieces for the “end zones”
– Comforter Q – i KNOW the piecing of the blocks is complete and i think the blocks are all squared up and ready for layout
– monogram mini quilt – no progress, but gaining motivation
– advent calendar – pieced, quilted, awaiting binding and integration of some sort of hanging apparatus
– memory game - about half the pieces are pretty much done except for tucking loose threads away; i’ve finished about 3 pairs of these and the LO seems to like grabbing at them and trying to eat them
– doll quilt – honestly don’t remember this one; like, at all
– Hubby’s tailored shirt – no progress; still need to hem the bottom
– finish writing in my travel journal about our recent trip to Washington DC
– write thank yous to friends who hosted us during our recent trip to DC
– review our Best Bottom cloth diapers for my friend the Cloth Diaper Guru to put on her blog (i’ve guest blogged there once before, did you see?)
– domestic responsibilities – such as clean the house, keep up with the laundry, clean up after the cats (litter gets EVERYWHERE!), etc.
– get some toddler-friendly crayons – need to start the LO on some crafty goodness
what are you working on?